Every day, billions of people come into contact with Bühler technologies
to cover their basic needs for foods and mobility.
With our industrial process technologies and solutions, we contribute significantly to feeding the world’s population, setting the focus on food security and safety. The global production and processing of wheat, maize, rice, pasta, chocolate, and breakfast cereals relies strongly on us. Furthermore, Bühler is a leading solution provider of die casting and surface coating technologies, with an emphasis on automotive and optics. As a leading technology group, Bühler invests every year up to 5 % of its turnover in Research & Development. In 2015, its around 10,800 employees in over 140 countries generated a turnover of CHF 2.4 billion. The family-owned company Bühler is proud of its Swiss roots and feels particularly committed to sustainability.
Why we are here
- We want our customers to be successful.
- We want every human being to have access to healthy food.
- We want to protect the climate with energy-efficient cars, buildings, and machinery.
- We want to build safe and attractive workplaces.
- We want to remain independent as a company by achieving sustainable success.
What we do: our core
- We develop the best food and feed processing solutions – focusing on security, safety, and nutrition.
- We develop the best material processing solutions, focusing on energy efficiency and best quality products.
- We provide knowledge and services to enable our employees and customers to be successful.
- We engineer customer success.
How we do business: our priorities
- We develop sustainable solutions offering maximum performance and best return on investment.
- We as a global Swiss family enterprise are dedicated to top quality.
- We are always close to our customers, operating “in the region for the region”. We are a lifetime partner.
- We collaborate closely with our partners from the worlds of science, industry, and the public sector to create the solutions of tomorrow.
Our values act as an inner compass for our activities. They define who we are and how we behave. The five Bühler values help all employees take the right decisions and act in line with the Bühler Way:
We strive to be trustworthy and trust in the contribution of others. We are proud of our own contribution and recognize the contribution of others. We show high involvement and commitment to what we are doing and are always ready to go the extra mile. We are passionate about our work and about our company and its purpose.
|Bühler supports the nonprofit organization Partners in Food Solutions with its vision to improve food security and nutrition to enrich lives around the world, together with some of the world’s largest food and agricultural companies. As of today, Partners in Food Solutions have helped strengthen the capacity of more than 600 food companies in Kenya, Zambia, Tanzania, Malawi, and Ethiopia, impacting nearly 829,000 local smallholder farmers who support an estimated 4.9 million family members. Bühler is proud to contribute to this great cause with financial support and skilled volunteers.|
By 2050, there will be nine billion people on this planet. How can we provide them with healthy and safe food? Fewer carbon emissions, stiffer competition, new technologies: The global automotive industry faces numerous challenges. For Bühler, these trends mean new business opportunities. The company has identified five core topics that are decisive for this transformation: nutrition, food and feed safety, sustainability, the Internet of Things, and mobility.
Would you like to get more information about the five core topics? Please click here and download the chapter "our business".